[POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] [Fwd: Fwd: MSDS's for some adhesives and ceramic substrates]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 9 18:37:59 PDT 2008

Hi all --

We've been pretty careful about making sure people don't spin coat
nanoparticles in the lab, with the exception of polystyrene spheres at
the headway2 (because PS spheres can be removed easily using acetone or
other solvents.)

I am not sure, but suspect that this stuff is basically nanoparticles of
BN suspended in some sort of binder and adhesive.  It's non-conductive,
so less of a concern than nanogold or carbon nanotubes getting spun up
in the lab.  But they could be hard to get rid of if someone is pretty
sloppy.  Just a thought.  As Mahnaz has often said, we should consider
having a station set aside just for this kind of processing.

The other thing I think is interesting is that this stuff is basically
cool grease, and is rated for vacuum systems and relatively high
temperatures.  If this goes on smoothly, this could be a better way to
bond wafers together for sts etching.  What do you think?  I'm thinking
that, as Mahnaz says, we could use a manual spin coater for applications
like this....

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu