[Fwd: Process flow for the Boron Spin-on dopant]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 25 11:18:45 PDT 2008

Hi all --

In principle, this process flow is fine for spin-on-dopants.  However --
in this case, there is concern about the solvent in this material.
2-ethoxyethanol is one of the family of ethylene glycol ethers that has
been phased out of semiconductor fabs because of links to human
reproductive problems, such as miscarriages in women and infertility in
men.  In fact, it is getting increasingly more difficult to find
materials such as these, at least in the US, because of this.  Can you
use a comparable material based on an alcohol or propylene glycol ether
solvent?  If so, we could immediately approve it.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu