Chemicals brought into SNF

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:05:54 PDT 2008

Hi Serena --

So, if I understand correctly:

1.  You plan to bring in pre-mixed chemicals to use in the lab.  I take
it that you are familiar with the procedures for brining outside
chemicals into the lab (through the service area?)  If not, please
review with a staff member.

2.  You plan to use the chemicals at the headway coater to coat
substrates.  But then you do not plan to use the chemicals or the
substrates anywhere else.  Is that correct?  No hot plates or ovens to
softbake?  No ebeam or raith to pattern?  No develop?

3.  If you plan to use any glassware or other labware, please use your
own -- there is concern that the fluorescent chemicals can interfere
with others' processing.

4.  Do you plan to store your mixed chemicals at SNF?  Or will you be
using and disposing of what you will have brought in?  Will anyone else
be using these chemicals?

Please be careful in handling these chemicals.  (Although they are
commonly used in molecular biology labs, they preferentially bind DNA
and are mutagens/cancer causing agents.)

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu