Chemicals brought into SNF

Serena Faruque serenaf at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 13 10:49:11 PDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 8:05 AM, Mary Tang wrote:

> Hi Serena --
>
> So, if I understand correctly:
>
> 1.  You plan to bring in pre-mixed chemicals to use in the lab.  I
> take it that you are familiar with the procedures for brining
> outside chemicals into the lab (through the service area?)  If not,
> please review with a staff member.

Yes, I have gone through these.

> 2.  You plan to use the chemicals at the headway coater to coat
> substrates.  But then you do not plan to use the chemicals or the
> substrates anywhere else.  Is that correct?  No hot plates or ovens
> to softbake?  No ebeam or raith to pattern?  No develop?

I plan on using the hot plate next to the hadway spinner to cure PMMA
layer, which I will cover with foil. I will measure these devices
eventually on the Cascade. I don't plan on using anything else in
this lab.

> 3.  If you plan to use any glassware or other labware, please use
> your own -- there is concern that the fluorescent chemicals can
> interfere with others' processing.

I do have and use my own glassware.

> 4.  Do you plan to store your mixed chemicals at SNF?  Or will you
> be using and disposing of what you will have brought in?  Will
> anyone else be using these chemicals?

I will not store my chemicals at SNF. I will take them back to my lab
for storage. No one else will use these materials.

serenaf at stanford.edu
Office: (650) 725 - 6924
Cell: (650) 387-9834