CVD of organosilicate glass films at SNF

Andrew Thiel athiel at stanford.edu
Thu May 8 15:34:40 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am a materials science graduate student interested in depositing
thin films of organosilicate glass films by means of CVD.  However,
this goal is merely in the planning stages, so I am simply trying to
extract all the fundamental information I need to get started.  I have
never performed CVD, so bear with me.

If you could provide me with all the essential information about
setting up a new CVD process, that would be of great help to me.  I'll
be supplying my own gases (the exact precursors are not yet known), so
are there gas tank restrictions/suggestions?  Are any special tools or
fixtures needed?  Are you currently set up to deposit
carbon-containing films?  Are there special considerations for
carbon-containing films?  What else do I need to know?

Once I know more details, I will certainly fill you in.  I appreciate
you taking the time to walk me through this process.

Thank you,
Andrew Thiel