[Fwd: Parylene]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu May 8 17:32:33 PDT 2008

Hi all --

My two cents'...  Since the parylene is already polymerized/deposited,
it's pretty inert.  It is a cyclic, fairly inert polymer, maybe kind of
like cyclotene/BCB, so I think the etching chemistry might be similar --
so fluorine-based chemistry with oxygen, I suspect, would be a good
place to start.  This places the etching in drytek4 or pquest.  It would
be helpful to know what his etch needs are (how deep, what for, what
resist/mask, what size structures.)  That would help determine whether
the drytek4 or pquest can meet his process needs.

Who will be getting back to him?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu