CVD of nitride layer onto organosilicate glass

Andrew Thiel athiel at stanford.edu
Wed May 28 13:15:58 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm a graduate student in materials science interested in using CVD at
SNF.  I have a silicon wafer topped with a thin film of an
organosilicate glass, and I'd simply like a silicon nitride film
deposited onto it.  My research group (Dauskardt in MSE) has actually
done this exact deposition at SNF several times over the past couple
years without any issues, but the current manager of CVD at SNF
(Maurice Stevens) is reluctant to allow an organosilicate glass into
any chamber without the permission of SpecMat.

The specific organosilicate glass I would be introducing into the CVD
chamber is DiEthoxyMethylSilane (DEMS).  My research group has
conducted thermal studies and found this material to stable up to
temperatures of at least 400 C.

Please let me know of any other additional information you may need.

Thanks,
Andrew