Etch polydimethylglutarimide with STS etchers.

Ying Chen mihuhou at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 23 18:43:46 PDT 2008

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to submit a request to do oxygen plasma etching of polydimethylglutarimide in one of our STS etchers.

My contact information:
Name: Ying Chen
Coral login: mihuhou
Phone number: (650) 725-0417 (office), (650) 213-6979 (cell)
Email address: mihuhou at stanford.edu
My PI: Yoshio Nishi

The chemical or material:
Common name: PMGI (Polydimethylglutarimide)

The MSDS is attached for the Organic Polymer Solution to be spin-coated and cured (Outside of SNF) to generate the PMGI (an organic solid), which is the final state of the material I request to bring in the STS tool.

Reason for request:
I want to make a porous PMGI template with vertical pores of aspect ratio of >10.

Process Flow: (Note: Requests for organo silicon, polystyrene and ITO envolved in this process will be each filed separately.)
(1) Outside of SNF: The substrate is platinum, Ti, or indium doped tin oxide (ITO) coated Si wafer; (2) Outside of SNF: The PMGI is spin coated onto the substrate; The block copolymer, containing organo-silicon and polystyrene, is spin coated on top of the PMGI; (3) In SNF: Oxygen plasma etching is used to etch the polystyrene domains and the PMGI below these polystyrene domains;

Amount and form:
200~300nm thick of PMGI cured on wafers.

Storage:
I won't store the PMGI coated samples in SNF.

Disposal:
Non hazardous.

Please Let me know if you need any more information!

Thank you!

Regards,
Ying Chen