Aluminum Nitride

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:33:11 PDT 2008

Hi Joey --

Thanks for the detailed process flow, as really helps...  If I read
correctly, your request is for etching metal-containing wafers on the
stsetch, with the consideration that no metal is expected to be exposed
to plasma.  I think we'll need a SpecMat quorum to decide that, so can't
answer right now.  However, I do think that you will have a problem with
resist surviving the hot phosphoric acid.  I would suggest that either
using p5000etch metal chamber to plasma etch AlN (another SpecMat
request) or depositing an oxide on top of the AlN, patterning that with
a plasma or wet oxide etch, removing the resist, then using the hard
mask for the AlN etch.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu