Sapphire Wafers

María Montero Díez mariamd at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 2 10:54:06 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a labmember and grad student working for a physics professor. Usually we do our processing on quartz wafers, but we need sapphire wafers now because their thermal properties are better suited for use in our cryostat. The processing would be pretty standard: a sapphire wafer with 2 microns of aluminum coated with 1.6 microns of shipley 3612 photoresist. Exposure is done on karlsuss, and the aluminum is etched on the p5000 etcher. Photoresist is stripped on wbmetal with prx 127. That would be it.
Would this be ok?

Thank you,

Maria Montero