Request to bring new chemicals Nickel Etchant TFG

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 2 17:03:10 PDT 2009

Hi Leo --

This should be OK to use.  Please do the following:

1.  When your chemical arrives, contact a staff member about getting a
yellow label and a barcode label.  These should be filled out placed on
the bottle.  The chemical should be stored in the Corrosives chemicals
passthrough.  Please contact a staff member about getting access to
store this.  (It should be stored in the personal chemicals area,
outlined in red tape.)

2.  You should contact Uli about using the hot plate at wbgaas.  I
believe there are new procedures.

3.  Make sure to collect the waste and rinse water in a chemically
compatible, appropriately labeled container for hazardous waste pickup.
This should not be aspirated.

4.  When at some future date you no longer need the nickel etchant,
please label for hazardous waste pickup.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu