[POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] [Fwd: FW: Nanosys oxide wfs for Litho at SNF]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 28 10:05:29 PDT 2009

Hi all --

Josephine needed an answer today, in order to start this experiment.
And in short, I told her to go ahead.

I had a chat with her engineer at Nanosys.  He says that Nanosys
acquired a furnace from Hitek and have been working on qualifying it
because the results they received from Eric's work was unsatisfactory,
both in terms of thickness control (100 nm +/- 5 nm within wafer) and
gate performance.  Their Hitek furnace (he wasn't sure which model)
delivers 100 nm +/- 1 nm uniformity within wafer.  The TXRF here is from
that furnace.

There's one data point that shows Fe at 5e9, which strikes me as being a
flag (if I recall correctly that 2e9 is the detection limit for
W-filament at Evans), but the data generally looks very clean.

Since Josephine needed an answer, I told her to go ahead, since the next
(and only steps) are litho, amtetcher, gasonics.

The Nanosys engineer is willing to share whatever data he has from our
furnaces which would include a general range of processing dates, but he
won't be able to tell us which furnace was used (which strikes me as
less-than-diligent runcard use).  The suspicion is that it was not
tylan4, because this series of experiments involved clean start material.

Anyway, hopefully, we'll see some data - but regardless, those furnaces
need work...  a plan would be a good place to start...

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu