[Fwd: Re: oven]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 1 14:55:31 PST 2009

Hi all --

Here is a request from Kat Tsai, refined from the original submission.
Mahnaz and I have reviewed it.  The plan is to perform mixing and
chemical handling in the wafersaw room.  The emergency lights have amber
sleeves and with the windows covered, should provide a uv-protected area
for mixing photosensitive chemicals (we set it up this way for mixing
nanoimprint chemicals.)  The powder has to be weighed into vials in a
still environment.  The SU-8 has to be handled in an exhausted hood and
added to vials following nickel powder.  These vials will be capped and
placed in a rotating stirrer placed in an oven.  The plan is to place
one of Paul jerabek's ovens in the wafersaw room, next to the
Thermalyne.  Since they will be airtight, exhaust is not needed for this
specific experiment (although we should plan on it for the future.)

Sound OK?

Mary