Request for bringing new material (Pyralin Polyimide Coating and Pyralin Thinner)

Zhiqiang Guo zguo at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 27 06:11:43 PST 2009

Hi, SpecMat Committee members:

I apply for bring two materials into SNF, the two materials are all on MSDS Index at SNF. Because I need your decision then I can place an order, so could you please tell me your decision today, I will really appreciate your early decision?

Please review the detailed information below:

1. Contact information:
    Name: Zhiqiang Guo
    Coral login: zguo
    Phone(email): 650-723-3524 (zguo at stanford.edu)
    PI: Prof. Fu-Kuo Chang (Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University)

2. Material:
   1) Common name: PI-2545
      Trade name: Pyralin(R) Polyimide Coating
      Components CAS numbers: 25038-81-7, 872-50-4, 64742-95-6, 95-63-6,
      usage: Coating polyimide film

   2) Common name: T-9039
      Trade name: Pyralin Thinner
      Components CAS numbers: 872-50-4, 107-98-2
      usage: To thin the PI-2545 before coating

3. Vendor/manufacturer info(the same vendor):
   HD MicroSystems(TM)
   Cheesequake Road
   Parlin
   New Jersey
   USA 08859
   phone: (800)346-5656
   url: http://hdmicrosystems.com/HDMicroSystems/en_US/index.html

4. Reason for request
   In our process, we need to coat an thin polyimide film onto the surface of our device, seems there is no such material for common use in SNF, so I need to bring by myself.

5. Process Flow:
   Start at 5 parts thinner T-9039 to 1 part PI-2545 (Lithosolv). After thinning run a spin coating(Headway2). The soft bake is done on a hot plate by 10' x 130C or convection oven by 30' x 135C (Blue M white). Coat with photoresist(svgcoat 1&2), expose the resist(EV or Karlsuss) and develop(svgdev 1&2). Remove the photoresist by using acetone(lithosolv or wbsolvent).

6. Amont and form:
   1) PI-2545 for 250g, liquid in a bottle.
   2) T-9039 for 1 liter, liquid in bottle.

7. Storage
   1) PI-2545: group B (in refrige 0~4F)
   2) T-9039: group B (Room temperature, below 90F )

8. Disposal
   The liquid waste of those products are to be disposed into the solvent waster container in lito solvent benth. The baked polyimide film can be placed in a ziplock bag disposed in a hazardous waste container in the photolithography area.

If you agree me to bring those two materials, could you please tell me where I can get the label and barcode?

Thanks very much!

Zhiqiang