use of cyclohexanol at snf

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:28:07 PST 2009

Hi all --

What do you think of this SpecMat request?  I'm following with a
question about application notes (it looks like that's about the
solubility limit of cyclohexanol in water -- don't know about heated
KOH) and volumes (constant temperature bath?  beaker on a hot plate?)

Cyclohexanol is solvent and contact with oxidizers should be avoided --
however, given the low concentration, I think this would be OK to use at
wbgeneral, with the following conditions:

1.  No one else may use the bench while this this process is being
done.  Bench should be completely reserved, and then blocked off and a
sign posted during processing.

2.  Immediately after pouring cyclohexanol, the bottle should be removed
from the bench and returned to storage.

What do you all think?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu