Proposal for Ga use in PQuest

Wed Jan 21 09:25:03 PST 2009

Hi Jim,

You have to be careful in using Ga with a turbo pump. We have been looking
doing reactive GaN sputtering in the AJA, and we have been told that Ga
can damage the turbo pump blades. I will get back to you with more details
on what the issues are. I expect if all the Ga coming off is in the form
of GaCl there will be no problem.

	Jim

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, jim kruger wrote:

> MSDS is alresdy on file in the MSDS book.
>
> I plan to start tests perhaps today.
>
> This is not yet proposed for general use, I will evaluate and re-consult  before teaching others.
>
> jim

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640