Request for bringing new material (Pyralin Polyimide Coating and Pyralin Thinner)

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 2 14:26:57 PST 2009

Hi all --

I'll defer to Mahnaz for the final word, but this request looks fine to
me -- with a couple of questions:

1.  PI 2545 is actually used by a number of people.  You might check
with Mahnaz to find out if there is some available for your use, if you
don't want to order it.  It lasts a long time.

2.  Your process flow does not mention adhesion promoter which some
people find useful (it'sVM-651 or 652 and one is better than the other,
although I don't remember which right now.  Other people in the lab will
have this on hand, so you might want to ask around.)

3.  Your process flow does not mention curing of the polyimide (usually
done in the BlueM oven) and if you plan further processing at SNF for
these wafers.  If so, please let us know.

And a couple of reminders for bringing in and handling these materials
in the lab:

4.  Follow all safety procedures in bringing in and storing personal
materials.  (Contact Mahnaz or other staff member for the yellow label
and barcode for personal chemicals.  You will have to log your chemicals
under the barcode assigned to your chemicals on the logsheet.  Make sure
to store these chemicals in the designated area of the Flammables
cabinet or refrigerator as appropriate.)

5.  Follow all safety (all litho) handling procedures for volatile
solvents in the lab.  (Use only at solvent-compatible stations.  Make
sure to transport freshly spun/unbaked wafers in wafer boxes or other
enclosed containers or risk the wrath of Uli.)

Unless other SpecMat'ers disagree, I believe what you have proposed is
OK (provided you follow #4 and #5 above.)  However, if you plan further
processing in the lab, please make sure to check/answer #2 and #3 above.

mtang at stanford.edu