Iodic Acid

Mike Wiemer mwiemer at
Mon Mar 16 19:57:49 PDT 2009

Hi Specmat,

Any thoughts on this yet?
I think we are ready to try this on our side....

From: Mike Wiemer
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:41 AM
To: specmat at
Cc: Senyo Dogbe
Subject: Iodic Acid

Hi Specmat,

We would like to use Iodic Acid in SNF. This chemical is commonly used as an echant for III-V materials like InP. MSDS attached.

1.)    Iodic Acid comes in dry crystal form

2.)    One mixes the crystals with water to form the acid (0.2 M/Liter) in a glass, non-transparent bottle (Iodic acid should be kept from light)

3.)    We will mix the crystals & water to create the solution at the GaAs bench

4.)    At the GaAs bench, we will combine: HIO3 (0.2M/L) :  HCl  :  H2O  - 1:1:x where x goes from 1 to 100.

5.)    All work will be done at room temp

6.)    We will store the mixed solution in the personal chemical pass-through area, along with the dry crystals

What do you think?