Iodic Acid

Mike Wiemer mwiemer at sj-solar.com
Tue Mar 17 10:37:48 PDT 2009

Iodic Acid Procedure

1.)    We will mix the powder into solution using the acid hood in the dicing saw room (0.2M/L solution).

2.)    The powder will be stored in the acid vault.

3.)    The acid will be brought into the lab either through the chemical passthrough or the cleanroom "back door" using a bottle carrier

4.)    The mixed acid will be stored in the chemical passthrough in a dark brown bottle (with a yellow label of course)

5.)    All etch waste will be collected and tagged and placed in the proper chemical passthrough area

6.)    Waste acid which has not etched material will be aspirated

Approved?

Thanks!

-Mike