Dihydrogen hexachloroplatinate(IV) hydrate

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue May 19 13:04:56 PDT 2009

Hi Jakob --

Your request is approved, with the following:

1.  To bring your solution into the lab, first make sure to obtain a personal chemicals yellow label (ask Mahnaz, Ed, or me) and log your chemical on the logsheet.  Label your chemical.

2.  Place your chemical in the top shelf (for personal chemicals) in the chemicals pass-through, from the corridor side (ask a Staff member to open it).  You can access the chemical from inside the lab.

3.  Please dispose of your non-HF containing solution in a properly labeled hazardous waste container.  Follow standard wbgeneral operating procedures (check with Uli if you need a refresher.)  I'd suggest making up enough for your experiment and don't bother transporting back to your own lab for disposal.

4.  We're assuming these are relatively small amounts we're talking about here (no more than a couple hundred ml or so, not liters), correct?

Hi Mary,

Yes, the term "galvanic deposition" may be misleading, a blunder from my side. I will not require a power supply. The experimental procedure is simply to dip my silicon/silicon-carbide samples in the beaker containing the HF/Dihydrogen hexachloroplatinate(IV) hydrate solution.

Best,
- Jakob

mtang at stanford.edu