Request to use lampoly or p5000 to etch semi-clean wafers

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 9 08:46:33 PDT 2009

Hi all --

We really need to get back to this question of how we are going to
accommodate requests for metal-containing materials in clean dry etch
tools.  This request strikes me as being an incremental step in that
direction....

As for as lampoly is concerned (and I suspect would also apply to
P5000etch), this seems reasonable.  The EBR margin should be sufficient
(a wafer without EBR risks sticking to the lampoly clamp ring.)  And the
clamp is made from alumina, so I don't think there's an appreciable
contamination risk from whatever trace Al may remain on exposed wafer
surfaces.

I vote that we OK this request -- with the proviso that we update the
documentation to describe in detail the rationale and conditions under
which semi-clean wafers can be processed in lampoly (and p5000etch.)

So...  do we have a quorum?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu