Ask about perfluorinated solvent

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 14 15:22:02 PDT 2009

Hi Chien-Yu --

Yes, Teflon AF has been approved for limited use in the lab.  Could you
please provide some additional details as to the experiments you'd like
to do?  In other words"  What kind of volumes will be used?  How do you
plan to dispose of waste and do you need to store unused chemical?
Where do you plan to process your wafers afterwards?  Do you require a
hot plate?

One concern about using liquid fluoropolymer in the litho area is the
very real possibility that it will drip or spray onto surrounding
surfaces or wafer handling tools and then will be picked up and
transferred with the touch of a glove.  Resist doesn't stick well to
this stuff, so this could result in lifting for other people.  Although
chemicals like this have been allowed at headway2, be prepared for some
additional training on handling special chemicals like this at this station.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu