[Fwd: Re: UC Berkeley processing- details]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 26 08:58:34 PDT 2009

I agree.  I suggest the following:

Near term (next several weeks?):  We come up with a proposal for what is
allowed in these tubes and present to labmembers.  They will throw darts
and it and we can refine it.  Our proposal should be well-thought out,
with a clear rationale.  We can use SpecMat requests as a guide.  Ed, do
you want to take the first stab at this?

Longer term (next few months?):   We start up the contamination
discussions again.  This time, we need to better define and focus on
technical issues at hand.  From the last few rounds, the issues appear
to be:  LPCVD of non-"clean" substrates (containing new materials, trace
contaminants); RTA of non-"clean" materials (hopefully better addressed
with new 610's); Cr as a hard mask ("semiclean" deposition and etching);
ability to accommodate more flexible DRIE processing ("gold"
contaminated substrates, substrates in which "semiclean" metals may be
exposed).  We will also need to figure out how to better accommodate
GaAs epi, Ge epi and nanowire device research.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu