[Fwd: Spin-on transparent conductive layer]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 27 16:37:24 PDT 2009

Hi all --

Here's a request from Scott Andrews, who was a former student here so is
familiar with the concerns.

I think I have some reservations.  We've not allowed conductive and
semiconducting nanoparticles solutions at headway2 because the spray off
the wafer edges will dry and the particulates will float around.  These
could create problems if the contaminated other people's wafers.  We do
allow latex nanoparticle in solution at headway2 because these are
soluble in acetone and removed in sulfuric clean.  This stuff contains
silver so it's rather like the conducting nanoparticle problem.
However, unlike CNT's and many other nanoparticles, the standard cleans
will remove possible contaminants.

I'm inclined to OK this, provided Scott is fully aware of the concerns
and makes sure to cleanup and take appropriate precautions  (he has been
a conscientious labmember).  Does anyone have other concerns?  I also
think James should be made aware of this, since headway2 is his
station.  What do you think?

Mary