using mercury dibromofluorescein disodium salt in SNF...

Robert Huang roberth at quswami.com
Tue Sep 8 12:29:01 PDT 2009

Dear SNF Specmat Committee:
I am interested in using mercury dibromofluorescein disodium salt inside the SNF facility.  First question - Is it perhaps already on the approved list of materials that can be used in SNF?  If not, I would like to ask the committee's permission to use.  My intent is to dissolve the salt in DI water and submerge my 4" silicon wafers in the solution in order to coat my wafers with the resulting photosensitive material.  Other names for this compound are:

1)      2',7'-Dibromo-5'-(hydroxymercurio)fluoresceindisodium salt

2)      Merbromin

3)      Mercurochrome
I'm attaching the MSDS from Sigma-Aldrich which is where I plan to obtain the material.  You can also obtain the document from their website - www.sigmaaldrich.com<http://www.sigmaaldrich.com>, using product #M7011.
If any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,
Robert Huang
Director, Process and Device Technology
QuSwami, Inc.