Ionic Surfactants from Dow

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 23 15:35:44 PDT 2009

Hi Senyo --

A couple of things...

First, could you please briefly outline your procedures?  Basically, I'm
interested in approximate concentrations, volumes, and whether or not
heating is involved.  As I'd expect the surfactant is very dilute, it
should be OK to aspirate the acids.

Second, the surfactants should be OK, but we'd appreciate the MSDS for
these so we can have them on file.  Dow should provide them.  If not,
then it would really help if you could provide MSDS for the components
listed.

Lastly, have you tried a "descum" shortly before wet etching?  This is
typically done in industry prior to wet HF etch to improve wetting.
However, there's a time limit (of a few hours?) because the resist
surface has a tendency to go back to being hydrophobic after a while.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu