Exhausted solvent sink access

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 28 20:15:18 PDT 2009

Hi all --

This could possbily be done in the solvent bench in the wafersaw room.
We have previously approved waferbond and wafer bond remover for
non-clean tools.  However, we do not have a hot plate of this size.
Also, they should dispose of the chemical through normal SNF procedures
-- transporting chemical waste off the premises is a no-no.  It sounds
like they want to air brush or hand spray the waferbond.  I don't think
this is a problem provided they are aware of good chemical handling
practices.  And have a plan for handling the sprayer or other hardware
used.  I don't think Gary Trott has been trained at wet benches (well,
any tools.)  Unless he is qualified at some manual wet bench
(wbsolvent?) he should not be using the utility room benches unless he
is escorted by staff.

Ed, you've been the primary contact for this group -- what do you think?

Mary