Fwd: New Chemicals Request--Gary Cooper

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 17 10:47:27 PDT 2010

Hi all --

I spoke with Jim about this.  Quite honestly, I think the surfactants
are more of a problem than sodium at the contact angle tool (it's used
to qualify the HMDS prime.)  But as long as the solutions don't contact
the syringe and needles there, it should be OK.  So....  I think this is
fine as long as they use their own syringes and needles -- and LABEL
them with contact info, date, and contents ("saline" should be fine) and
the word, "non-toxic."  The syringes can be brought in and out in a
labeled tool box, but should not be left/stored in the lab, in case
things get lost/misplaced as they do.

Mary