HgTe/CdTe in Raith

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 21 07:53:45 PDT 2010

Hi all --

I don't believe there is any reason that he should not be able to
process these materials in the Raith, since the temperatures would not
be expected to be very high. It isn't likely the beam would be directed
at the material itself, but just the resist on top. And I can't imagine
the vapor pressure would be higher than for resist.

As for the MRC request, I caught part of the conversation between Jim
McV and Jim K about this -- at that time, I think both were in agreement
that if they had their own complete, dedicated set of quartzware and
shields, we could minimize the possible risk of off-gassing in
subsequent runs. The concern, I believe, was not the individual piece or
two, but coming up with a broader, workable solution in case this work
expands or similar materials are introduced. I think the one thing that
had not been resolved was how to handle the diffusion pump oil (not a
user issue, but a maintenance staff safety concern.) I suspect the
safest solution (unless we ban the material from etchers) would be to
require staff wear PPE while performing pump oil changes.

What does everyone else think?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu