HgTe/CdTe in Raith

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 22 14:48:22 PDT 2010

All,

I think we have to figure out how to process these materials.  I'm
not sure I follow Mary's logic of the Raith process, but if James is
willing then it should be OK.

As for the MRC, we probably have been too cavalier about what ends up
in the diffusion pump oil and how it is handled.  I think we should
talk with the maintenance staff and make sure they understand there
is more than likely hazardous materials in the oil.  We should also
look at putting the system under a routine maintenance program.  I'm
not that familiar with the tool, but it seems like there are some
consumable components we should change out on a regular basis (and
consider hazardous).  I had a talk with Jim Kruger and I though he
was going to write up some suggestions.  One part involved how to do
a wet clean and add some foil to capture some of the sputtered material.

Irrespective of approving this material, which I think we need to do,
we should also come up with a better procedure for how to maintain the MRC.

Ed