Hydrobromic Acid at Wetbench General

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 5 16:03:56 PDT 2010

Hi Jason --

More detail on your procedure would be appreciated.  HBr protocols are
reviewed very carefully.

1.  How much HBr do you plan to bring in and store?
2.  Is this one time or will you be doing this often?
3.  Do you have a detailed procedure from a reference that you are
using?  Are there other chemicals involved?
4.  Please be aware incompatibilities of HBr.  This includes metals (so,
no metal tweezers) and strong oxidizers (which are allowed at
wbgeneral.).  You would need to use special procedures for ensuring that
no others use the bench while you are doing this work.

Please send us this information.

mtang at stanford.edu