[Fwd: Re: Hydrobromic Acid at Wetbench General]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 6 13:19:55 PDT 2010

Hi all --

I guess the halogen passivation process is being investigated again.
This is what Jungyup did, I believe.

I don't like this process, but also can see it would be OK to run with
appropriate warnings and precautions.  The first is reinforcing use of
protective gear.  Second, is ensuring that no oxidizers are used at this
bench while work is being done -- maybe best to ensure that the whole
bench is reserved and blocked off (Uli has procedures for approved
processes) and never left unattended.  The other concern is how to blow
48% HBr off a wafer without contaminating on nearby surfaces.

I would suggest reviewing this step-by-step with Jason.  And making it
clear that anyone else who does this needs to specially trained as well.

What does everyone else think?  Uli?

Mary