[Fwd: processes on Cytop]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 11 09:05:16 PDT 2010

Hi again --

OK, OK, I'VE got concerns.  The fluorinated polymer solvent strikes me
as being a very good way to cause adhesion problems if it should get out
of control.  This is why we do not allow non-mixed PDMS onto the headway
(the base is a silicon oil.)

So, I propose that Shifeng does this bit of his process in the wafersaw
room, on the Laurell coater that we acquired specifically for this
purpose.  I understand that it still needs power and a pump installed
and that there is a damaged solenoid, but we've got a replacement.
We've also got a programmable hotplate in that area, so he can set his
polymer before bringing his wafers back into the lab for additional
processing.  Shifeng says that for his experiments, this should be fine.

Is everyone else OK with this?  If we have an estimated time for the
laurell, I'd like to get back to him.

Thanks all --

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu