Visit to See Silane Setup on 01/06/09

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 11 13:20:58 PST 2010

Thulasi Gandhi,

Yes, we have a poly-silicon furnace plumbed with both dopants.  Right
now it is for clean samples, where your sample would be considered
gold contaminated.  I have copied the specmat group which is
responsible for any changes to our cleanliness or contamination
levels.  To run what you ask, does require this group to assign a
poly furnace to the gold contaminated equipment set.  If you want to
make this change, you will need to fill out the paperwork starting at
http://snf.stanford.edu/Materials/Materials.html

Also, there will be a memory effect as you switch dopant gases.  This
should be factored in to your process planning.  If you don't remove
or seal the dopants, you will get a lot of compensated doping and not
sharp dopant transitions.

Regards,
Ed