SpecMat request: Protein solutions of PBS and BSA

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 29 08:49:10 PDT 2010

Hi Meredith --

OK, the RI analysis makes sense, although you should check with Ed about
the model -- there will likely be a concentration gradient in your
samples.  Your sample handling procedure is fine for the SEO contact
analyzer, but you'll have to check with Ed for the Woollam.

I think EH&S could pick up biohazardous waste from SNF, but they won't
be expecting it.  I suggest checking with the Kovacs lab group to see
what they do and maybe borrow the appropriate labels and bags.  I'm not
sure small amounts of BSA needs to be handled specially, but it's best
to be conservative and show your REU's good lab practices.

Let me know what the Kovacs lab people say and I'll also drop a note to
our EH&S.