Request for Nanostrip use

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 2 14:45:55 PST 2010

Hey Dan --

SpecMat at snf has got a filter, so the originating email has to come from
"snf" or the email you have registered as your forwarding email for
"snf" emails.  A lot of the lab @snf emails have variations on this
filter, so you probably should talk with Maureen about getting your
forward email set up for the one you use most.

Nanostrip is approved for the lab and we in fact thought of converting
piranha at wbnonmetal over to this, but it's a lot slower than
conventional piranha for stripping resist.  I have no idea what it does
for polyimide, but my guess is that it would not be much more efficient,
since I had thought it was just a constant boiling ternary azeotrope
version of piranha.  But then maybe that magic ternary ingredient is key.

However, you should submit your SpecMat request and arrange for storage
BEFORE you order.  That way David and Marie know where it should go when
it arrives and how to contact you.

This should be used only at wbgeneral or wbgaas.  It should be aspirated
to AWN (not poured down the drain). You will need a yellow label from
Mahnaz.  This should be stored in the top shelf of the Chemicals
Passthrough when it is in use.  When you are done with this, let us know
and we can dispose of the remaining material.

mtang at stanford.edu