request to use aluminum tri-sec butoxide in SNF...

Robert Huang roberth at
Fri Mar 5 09:15:03 PST 2010

Dear SNF Spec Mat committee:

I would like to use a new chemical in SNF, aluminum tri-sec butoxide (99.99% trace metal basis), and would be obtaining 5-10mL in solution from Sigma-Aldrich.  Below is a link to their website on this material:|ALDRICH&N5=SEARCH_CONCAT_PNO|BRAND_KEY&F=SPEC

In addition, I'm attaching the MSDS sheet for this material.

My intent is to dilute this material (comes in liquid form) in dry2-propanol, then dip my 4" wafers into the solution.  I presume this processing would need to be done at wbsolvent.  I plan to use 100-200mL of total solution in quartzware, basically whatever is the minimum amount needed that will allow me to immerse my wafers in the solution.  Afterwards I intend to process the wafers further on the innotec and metallica tools.

Please let me know if there are any concerns or any special handling requirements.

Robert Huang
roberth at<mailto:roberth at>