request to use aluminum tri-sec butoxide in SNF...

Robert Huang roberth at quswami.com
Fri Mar 5 09:15:03 PST 2010

Dear SNF Spec Mat committee:

I would like to use a new chemical in SNF, aluminum tri-sec butoxide (99.99% trace metal basis), and would be obtaining 5-10mL in solution from Sigma-Aldrich.  Below is a link to their website on this material:

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/ProductDetail.do?lang=en&N4=511609|ALDRICH&N5=SEARCH_CONCAT_PNO|BRAND_KEY&F=SPEC

In addition, I'm attaching the MSDS sheet for this material.

My intent is to dilute this material (comes in liquid form) in dry2-propanol, then dip my 4" wafers into the solution.  I presume this processing would need to be done at wbsolvent.  I plan to use 100-200mL of total solution in quartzware, basically whatever is the minimum amount needed that will allow me to immerse my wafers in the solution.  Afterwards I intend to process the wafers further on the innotec and metallica tools.

Please let me know if there are any concerns or any special handling requirements.

Regards,

Robert Huang
roberth at quswami.com<mailto:roberth at quswami.com>
408-854-0450