Transene Ni etchant

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 18 22:58:55 PDT 2010

Hi Gavin --

This should be OK, provided the following:

1.  Let us know how much you have ordered.  Preferably, no more than a
one gallon bottle.  Not a case again, please.  Have it shipped to SNF,
attention to you.  Make sure David and Marie know this is coming and how
to get in touch with you.

2.  Obtain a yellow label and barcode from Mahnaz or other SpecMat
member.  Log your acid in the logbook.  Put a use-by or dispose-of-by
date.  3-6 months is usually reasonable.

3.  When the acid arrives, arrange with David, Marie or other staff
member to help you place it in the chemical passthrough.  This chemical
should be stored in the designated personal chemicals storage area of
the passthrough.

4.  This should be used at wbgeneral or wbgaas.  Where will your nickel
containing wafers be processed next?  Waste should be collected locally,
along with the first few rinses.   Use standard procedure for labeling
waste.

5.  When you do not think you will use the chemical any more, please
dispose of as hazardous waste.

Mary