request to use new material 4-tert-butylpyridine in SNF

Robert Huang roberth at quswami.com
Wed Nov 17 14:34:24 PST 2010

Dear Specmat Committee:

I would like to use the following liquid, 4-tert-butylpyridine, in SNF at one of the wetbenches.  Attached is the MSDS sheet for this material which is a liquid.  The way I plan to use it is to immerse my wafers/wafer pieces completely in this liquid at room temperature for several minutes at a time.  Afterwards, I will dry my samples with nitrogen.  My samples are considered gold-contaminated, so I assume I would use either wbsolvent or wbgeneral and the related gold-contaminated glassware (or my own glassware if the committee would like me to use my own).  After this liquid chemistry is complete, my samples will be done with processing and taken out of the clean room, so they will not be processed on any other equipment than the wet bench.

If any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Robert Huang
roberth at quswami.com
408-854-0450