Copper Etching

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 13 18:28:47 PDT 2010

Hi Kaveh --

Thanks -- and sorry, I thought you were talking about a FeCl3-based
etchant, but this has only ammonium persulfate and water.  This should
be fine for use at wbgeneral.  When the material arrives, please store
it in the chemicals passthrough, in the personal chemicals area.  Make
sure to get a yellow label and barcode from Mahnaz.  If it is a small
bottle, please place inside a larger bottle carrier and label the
outside of the bottle carrier (this will discourage anyone from putting
another small bottle of something incompatible next to it.)  And because
your waste contains heavy metals, please collect used etchant and the
first couple of rinsates in a compatible container and label for
hazardous waste disposal.  I'm not sure about compatibility, so would
recommend using a glass container for waste collection just to be on the
safe side.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu