ALD ALR

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 20 08:45:54 PDT 2010

i just ran into mary in the hallway, and she suggested that instead of
swapping the NH3, it would be preferred from a safety standpoint to swap out
one of the precursors.  to me the perferred precursor choice is the W source
because
1) it is the least used
2) it has the lowest vapor pressure

the added effort for removing W vs NH3 is pretty minimal but non-zero.  it
involves:
1) more time for cooling the source and jacket a bit for removal
2) an additional particle filter/RFO (since the one on the ammonia line
would still be intact)

that's it - otherwise it is like any other precursor swap.
additionally, if it wasn't clear from the previous email this isn't
something any of the users would be doing, instead i would do the changes
both before and after experiment.

as before, advice and assistance in moving this project forward is welcome.