kapton tape in amt etcher?

Justin Snapp jsnapp at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 23 21:37:55 PDT 2010

Dear Spec Mat:

I want to try to do shadow etching of oxide/nitride to open up bondpad contacts using a silicon wafer as a shadow mask.   I am thinking the best tool for this is amt etcher.   Has such a thing been done before?   Can I use small amounts of exposed kapton tape to hold the shadow mask onto the substrate wafer making sure to keep the kapton tape clear of the metal contact on the backside of the wafer?

Of course any other suggestions for shadow etching of 2-3um of nitride/oxide would be welcomed.  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Justin