Fwd: Request for chemicals

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 2 15:51:58 PDT 2010

Hi all --

Some comments on the procedure are in RED on the spreadsheet.  My main
concern is the space.  Multiple beakers for handling chemicals for 8"
wafers is difficult at wbgeneral and wbsolvent.  I would suggest that
the solvent bench in the wafersaw room might be more appropriate --
although not cleanroom, it's got more space and less traffic.  The
protocols don't require the features that require enabling on the
solvent bench.  The wbgaas bench might be better for space considerations.

My other question is the concentration of TFA used.  The TFA should be
stored in the chemicals passthrough.  It will likely be a small bottle
(or it should) so I'd ask it be stored in a bottle carrier (labeled on
the outside) so that no one inadvertently stores a small bottle of an
incompatible next to it.   The EDA should be stored in the flammables
cabinet.  I think it would be better that the mixed chemicals be made up
so that there's just enough for the experiment -- we should not have to
accommodate storage for these chemical mixtures.

Uli, what do you think?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu