cleanliness/semi-cleanliness specifications

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 17 08:52:56 PDT 2010

thank you, mary.  is anyone else able to weigh in?
i agree very much with mary about the need to stretch the contamination
policy from its current state asap.  however, as is the case with the
savannah ald there isn't much stretching happening with new tools because
users invariably want to be able to take wafers to other tools.  if those
other tools are mired in the old/current system then the new tools get
funneled toward it as well.

so, toward this line, let's look into receiving txrf data for films
deposited in the savannah and compare that to control wafers to  determine
cleanliness.  we can also compare to wafers coming from other classified
machines and after coating different substrates (like the W w/ <20ppm K in
question).  what was the process for the spectrum ald to be classified as
clean?

if we can make the ald more like litho (what goes in is what comes out), it
would at least not show up as a new cleanliness issue.  this maybe too
aggressive, but if it can bounce back and forth between clean and semiclean
that would be a huge step forward.