Quest for processing in P5000

Lele Wang lelewang at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 4 19:37:27 PDT 2011

Dear Committee,
I sent this email earlier but without reply. I tried other tools but it did not work so I am stuck on this step for 1 month.

My wafer is in the contaminated group with Pt metal lines on top. I need to do a directional oxide etch at the bottom of the trench in P5000 and the wafer will be well protected by 1.6um photoresist on top. The opening area is a 30um deep, 5um wide silicon trench having thermal oxide on sidewall and bottom, which is clean. The bottom oxide to be etched is 800nm. Is that ok to etch this in p5000? Please reply ASAP. Thanks a lot.

Best,
Lele Wang
Department of Electrical Engineering