Quest for processing in P5000

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 4 21:02:03 PDT 2011

Hi all --

I would suggest that this is OK to process in p5000etch ChB because Pt
is not exposed to plasma and Pt is considered a "semiclean B" material
if it were deposited in a MOS-compatible backend system.   If this was
deposited in innotec or metalica,  it is technically "contaminated."
However, contamination of the etch chamber via sputtering under these
conditions is not very likely.  That said, contamination of the PRS1000
bath when cleaning the resist in wbmetal could present risk
contamination, so I'd suggest for this case, that cleans be manually
done at wbgeneral (after matrix ashing.)

Any comments or concerns about this approach?

Mary