Fwd: XR1541 bonding

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 15 14:34:04 PDT 2011

Hi all --

Here's a request from J Provine, relating to a process that Jae Hyung
Lee has apparently been running in the lab.

The questions are:

1.  Is electronics grade HSQ, cured at 400 C, sufficiently clean to be
processed in wbdiff?

2.  Is it sufficiently clean to be processed in tylans 1/2?

We've approved electronics grade SOG for processing in back-end/low
temperature tools through SpecMat.  I don't believe we've officially
approved it for clean/front-end tools.  Should we?

My humble opinion:  Wbdiff is OK -- it's as clean as the chemicals used
and chemicals will get changed @ 4 hours.  Tylans 1/2 are OK if the
process has been vetted in tylan3/4.  My concern is wafers debonding and
flaking stuff everywhere.  However, I suspect that Jae has already been
doing this and tested the process, if he's got a special slow recipe.

Mary