Glycerin use at wbgeneral

Scott Lee wslee at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 5 08:30:30 PST 2011

Hi Mahnaz and SpecMat,

In August, my request to use a glycerin/boe solution at wbgeneral was
approved under the following conditions: (1) reserve and enable both sides
of wbgeneral so that no one else is in close proximity, (2) use small
amounts, and (3) collect the waste. I received permission to use it but I
wanted to get permission for another member of my group (Chen Chen) to use
it.

I would like to do one more glycerin/boe run before the shutdown. As most
of you know, I had knee surgery last Friday (which went well, but I doubt I
will be back in the fab this week). I would like to have Chen Chen use the
BOE/glycerin solution (he is experienced with my release process using
plain HF) under J Provine's supervision to ensure the protocol above is
being met. Chen may also need to do glycerin/boe mixes for his own
processing.

Please let me know soon if this plan would be okay. Your prompt reply would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott