Glycerin use at wbgeneral
wslee at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 5 15:10:37 PST 2011
Here is the procedure. Go ahead and reserve/enable both sides of wbgaas.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Mix 5:3 (6:1 BOE): glycerin
1) Pour 50mL of 6:1 BOE into teflon or plastic beaker (one of the smaller
ones - need to make sure that the chip is covered when then teflon basket
is placed in the solution).
2) Measure 30mL of glycerin in a separate beaker. Pour this solution into
the 50mL of BOE. Remember to transport the glycerin in the metal solvent
3) Stir the solution for 2 minutes. The glycerin is thick and but will
dissolve into the BOE solution.
1) Place device in the solution for 15min (etch rate is about 800A/minute).
I use the teflon basket.
2) Submerge the chip in 3 water baths (like we do for HF releases). Soak
the chip in IPA for 60 minutes followed by CPD.
Dispose of waste
1) Pick up an empty hazardous waste container, lid, and tag from the
service chase. Label the waste and use a funnel to pour the BOE/glycerin
solution into the container. Clean the labware following wbgen procedures
(rinse 3 times with DI water).
2) The used waste goes in the marked area in the acid pass through area.
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM, chen chen <cchen86 at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi, Mahnaz and Uli,
> I booked wbgass tomorrow from 2:30pm to 4pm.
> Hi, Scott,
> Could you write a BOE/glycerin procedure for me?
> Thanks very much!
> On Dec 5, 2011, at 10:03 AM, Mahnaz Mansourpour wrote:
> > Hi Scott,
> > I talked to uli and wbgeneral is booked. Lets do it on wbgaas tomorrow
> afternoon and uli will be avaliable then,.
> > will this time frame work for you?
> > mahnaz
> > On 12/5/2011 8:30 AM, Scott Lee wrote:
> >> Your request has been approved, with the following:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the specmat