Glycerin use at wbgeneral

Scott Lee wslee at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 5 15:10:37 PST 2011

Hi Chen,

Here is the procedure. Go ahead and reserve/enable both sides of wbgaas.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Mix 5:3 (6:1 BOE): glycerin
1) Pour 50mL of 6:1 BOE into teflon or plastic beaker (one of the smaller
ones - need to make sure that the chip is covered when then teflon basket
is placed in the solution).
2) Measure 30mL of glycerin in a separate beaker. Pour this solution into
the 50mL of BOE. Remember to transport the glycerin in the metal solvent
cart.
3) Stir the solution for 2 minutes. The glycerin is thick and but will
dissolve into the BOE solution.

Etch chip
1) Place device in the solution for 15min (etch rate is about 800A/minute).
I use the teflon basket.
2) Submerge the chip in 3 water baths (like we do for HF releases). Soak
the chip in IPA for 60 minutes followed by CPD.

Dispose of waste
1) Pick up an empty hazardous waste container, lid, and tag from the
service chase. Label the waste and use a funnel to pour the BOE/glycerin
solution into the container. Clean the labware following wbgen procedures
(rinse 3 times with DI water).
2) The used waste goes in the marked area in the acid pass through area.

Thanks,
Scott