Glycerin use at wbgeneral

Scott Lee wslee at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 6 07:47:22 PST 2011

Chen -

I forgot one important step. The chip needs to go through a 60s dip in 50:1
HF after the glycerin/BOE etch. I updated the process flow.

Thanks,
Scott

Mix 5:3 (6:1 BOE): glycerin
> 1) Pour 50mL of 6:1 BOE into teflon or plastic beaker (one of the smaller
> ones - need to make sure that the chip is covered when then teflon basket
> is placed in the solution).
> 2) Measure 30mL of glycerin in a separate beaker. Pour this solution into
> the 50mL of BOE. Remember to transport the glycerin in the metal solvent
> cart.
> 3) Stir the solution for 2 minutes. The glycerin is thick and but will
> dissolve into the BOE solution.
>
> Etch chip in glycerin/BOE
> 1) Place device in the solution for 15min (etch rate is about
> 800A/minute). I use the teflon basket.
> 2) Submerge the chip in 3 water baths (like we do for HF releases).

   3) Place device in 50:1 HF for 60s. Submerge the chip in 3 water baths
(like we do for HF release).
   4) Soak the chip in IPA for 60 minutes followed by CPD.